Disclaimer: Actual Product May Vary. See Product Specifications for more detailed information
MediHoney® Honeycolloid™ Non-Adhesive Dressing 2" x 2" Sterile - 31222
MediHoney is a primary dressing for wounds with light to moderate drainage, developed with the objective of debridement and promotion of healthy tissue in wounds. This product features a high osmotic effect which pulls fluid from deeper tissues to the surface of the wound, promoting autolytic debridement. MediHoney offers a naturally Low pH which helps lower the pH level of the wound environment. This can impact chronic and stalled wounds. MediHoney is available as Gel, Honeycolloids and Alginates for versatile uses.
- MediHoney® Honeycolloid™ Dressing with Active Leptospermum Honey
- 2" x 2"
- Single Use Only
- MediHoney® is a medical-grade honey derived from the pollen and nectar of the Leptospermum species of plant in New Zealand and Australia. It is unique among all type of honey in that it maintains its effectiveness even in the presence of wound fluid.
- Can be used for wound bed preparation and through all phases of wound healing.
- Demonstrated efficacy from onset of a wound through to closure.
- Cleanses and debrides due to its high osmolarity.
- Helps to lower the wound pH, for an optimal wound healing environment.
- Indications: to cover and/or fill partial-to-full thickness wound with light-to-moderate drainage.
- Not Made With Natural Rubber Latex.
Diabetic foot ulcers, leg ulcers (venous stasis ulcers, arterial ulcers and leg ulcers of mixed etiology), pressure ulcers/sores (partial and full thickness), first and second-degree partial thickness burns, donor sites and traumatic and surgical wounds.
Third-degree burns and patients with a known sensitivity to honey.
Change dressing as directed by your healthcare professional.
Recommended Secondary Dressings:
Cover with an appropriate secondary dressing depending on the amount of exudate and frequency of dressing change.
Available in Convenient Sizes:
2" x 2" | 31222
4" x 5" | 31245