Disclaimer: Actual Product May Vary. See Product Specifications for more detailed information
McKesson Hydrocolloid Film Back Dressing 2" x 2" Sterile - 1886
These sterile hydrocolloid film back dressings are designed to be used as primary or secondary dressing for wounds with moderate to light exudate. These dressings help maintain a moist wound environment to assist in autolytic debridement. When the dressing comes in contact with wound exudate, it forms a gel/fluid environment over the wound bed. The dressing does not breakdown or leave residue in the wound.
Both Thin and Film back versions feature a smooth, tapered design helps minimize friction and prevent dressing edges from rolling up. Additionally, the think hydrocolloid is semi-transparent, allowing visualization of the wound. The dressing also contains a semi-transparent layer that permits wound evaluation without removing dressing. A moisture-resistant backing helps prevent moisture, feces or urine from penetrating the dressing to reduce the risk of contamination.
- Film Back Dressing
- 2" x 2" Square
- Single Use Only
- McKesson Thin Hydrocolloid Dressings aim to provide an optimal wound healing environment with a matrix design that delivers enhanced absorbency, flexibility, and overall patient care.
- Not only does the new design help prevent residues from leaching into wound bed, but it keeps the wound contact layer intact, reduces the potential for skin maceration, and assists in one-piece removal.
- Hydrocolloid layer reacts with cellular material from the wound to form a gel-like covering to help maintain a moist wound environment.
- Cohesive dressing removal system does not break down or leave residue in the wound and facilitates easy removal without tearing the dressing or skin. Wound contact layer remains intact and minimizes potential wound bed disturbance.
- Low-profile rounded corners and smooth tapered design helps reduce edge roll-up and risk of shear and friction.
- Semi-transparent outer layer permits wound site visualization without removing dressing.
- Thin and flexible dressing conforms to body contours; adhesion is firm yet gentle to peri-wound skin.
- Highly absorbent inner layer effectively removes exudates from the wound and facilitates granulation, epithelization, and autolysis.
- Moisture resistant outer barrier film helps prevent urine, feces and/or moisture from penetrating the dressing reducing the risk of contamination to the wound.
- Up to 7 day wear time provides undisturbed moist wound environment, enhances healing, minimizes skin maceration, and reduces frequency of dressing changes.
- Available in multiple shapes and sizes to fit caregiver needs including hard-to-dress areas such as the sacrum, heel, and elbow.
- Available with film-backing or foam-backing to suit various application needs.
- Not Made With Natural Rubber Latex.
Management of partial and full thickness wounds such as leg ulcers and pressure sores. Help maintain a moist wound healing environment to assist in autolytic debridement and protect the wound from external contamination.
Patients with known hypersensitivities to the components of the dressing or third-degree burns. Conditions that lead to the formation of the wound (pressure, venous insufficiency, etc.) must be considered and addressed as part of the total wound care treatment plan.
Dressing change frequency is dependent upon the amount of drainage. May be left in place for up to seven days or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Available in Convenient Sizes:
2" x 2" | Square | 1886
4" x 4" | Square | 1887
6" x 7" | Sacral | 1888