McKesson Calcium Alginate Dressing with Antimicrobial Silver 4" x 4-3/4" - 3558
Calcium alginate dressings with antimicrobial sliver assists with reducing infections. This item is the primary dressing for moderate to heavy exudating wounds. Upon the presence wound fluid silver ions are released which protect the dressing from bacterial colonization and provide an effective barrier to bacterial penetration. A secondary dressing is required with using this item.
- 4" x 4-3/4"
- Dressing Sheet
- Each dressing contains, by weight, 5% Silver Sodium Hydrogen Zirconium Phosphate
- Helps absorb moderate to heavy amounts of wound exudate and may help control minor bleeding.
- Can be used to fill or pack the dead space in a wound.
- A secondary dressing is needed to hold alginates in place and to protect the wound from outside contaminants.
- Optimal gelling profile allows dressing to avoid sticking to the wound bed and helps maintain physical integrity to allow removal from the wound in one piece.
- Highly absorptive, non-occlusive.
- May be trimmed to fit wound dimensions.
- Do not reuse.
- Not Made With Natural Rubber Latex.
Indications: Effective barrier to bacterial penetration in moderate to heavily exuding wounds such as diabetic foot ulcers, leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, partial and full thickness wounds, donor sites and traumatic and surgical wounds.
Contraindications: Third degree burns, patients with a known sensitivity to alginates or silver and controlling of heavy bleeding. Should not be used with products that create an ionic exchange in the wound site, i.e., do not use with enzymatic debriding agents.
Change Frequency: May be left in place for up to seven days. Change dressing as directed by a healthcare professional.
Recommended Secondary Dressings: Cover with an appropriate secondary dressing depending on the amount of exudate and frequency of dressing change.
Available in convenient sizes:
2" x 2" | 3557
4" x 4-3/4" | 3558
4" x 8" | 3559
3/4" x 12" (Rope) | 3560